What Are the Most Popular Virtual Office Jobs?MIAMI-FlexJobs’ flexible job index offers some interesting insights into telecommuting trends in August. So if you are looking for a job where you can work at home from a virtual office, perk up your ears.
Here are the career categories with the most available job positions:
- Medical and Health (8.4%)
- Education & Training (6.7%)
- Web & Software Development (5.3%)
- Sales (5.2%)
- Administrative (5%)
Meanwhile, the job categories that gained the most volume of flexible work opportunities from July to August, indicating an increase in hiring these fields, were:
- Graphic Design (42% increase)
- Engineering (40% increase)
- Research (28% increase)
To provide an overview of what types of industries the job-seekers are interested in, August numbers show that the most sought after flexible positions were in Data Entry (7.6%), followed by Writing (5.9%), Administrative (5%), Editing (4.8%), and Customer Service (4.2%).
"Companies often see flexible/part-time schedules, telecommuting, and freelance jobs as fringe to their key positions and hiring needs, however the variety and depth of the jobs we find can show a very contrary picture,” says Sara Sutton Fell, CEO of FlexJobs.
Indeed, the diversity of positions are often surprising. Just a few job postings from the past month that are worth noting include:
- A senior systems engineer, who would, "provide concept support for fire control/guidance systems of submarine launched ballistic missile program", with a part-time, flexible schedule
- A vice president of Strategic Accounts in a full-time telecommuting role for a Fortune 500 company
- An American Sign Language interpreter for a telecommuting, flexible schedule role
- A chemistry acquisitions Assistant with a part-time schedule for a leading university
So, are you surprised at the diversity of jobs you could do from a virtual office? Virtual office technologies empower telecommuters to work productively from home, hotel rooms, or just about anywhere else there is an Internet connection and a quiet atmosphere.