A virtual office would be ideal today for those who stayed up late last night celebrating the Baltimore Ravens' Super Bowl victory—or for those San Francisco fans who bemoaned the narrow loss. But a virtual office may also come in handy for those who don’t want to get stuck in parade traffic on Tuesday.
The City of Baltimore will host a victory parade and celebration for the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens on Tuesday starting at 10:45 a.m., at City Hall. An introduction by Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake will launch the parade. The Baltimore parade will run from City Hall south on Commerce Street, continue to Pratt and Howard Streets, and end at M&T Bank Stadium.
Check out all the Baltimore street closures:
- Commerce Street from Fayette to Pratt streets
- Northbound Interstate 395 north of Conway Street (Use Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Mulberry Street)
- Lombard Street from Gay to South streets
- Pratt Street from Paca to Commerce streets
- Howard Street from Lombard to Conway streets
- Fayette Street from Gay Street to Guilford Avenue
- Baltimore Street from Calvert to Gay streets
- Calvert Street from Pratt to Lombard streets
- Water Street from South to Commerce streets
- Light Street northbound from Conway to Pratt streets
- Light Street southbound from Lombard to Conway streets
- Hopkins Place/Sharp Street from Lombard to Conway streets
- Charles Street from Conway to Lombard streets
- Hanover Street from Pratt to Lombard streets
If you are trying to get to work before, during or after the parade, you are likely to get stuck in mega traffic and spend much longer to commute than normal. So, again, today—and especially tomorrow—would be a great day to work from a virtual office in Baltimore.